Sunday, November 22, 2009

"Turkey For Me, Turkey For You"

I have SO much to be thankful for since having moved to New York, and I am so glad I got to celebrate and NYC Thanksgiving with my roomies before I leave for Kentucky! It was such a great time laughing and cooking and chowing down, and just being grateful for having such great roommates and company here in the Big Apple! I was so excited, because before I even started my portion of the cooking (I made macaroni and cheese!), Marj and Margo came in and handed me a bag. I opened it up and there was the cutest apron I have ever seen! They bought me the most perfect apron for me--it is pink (my favorite color), has a damask pattern on the bottom (my favorite pattern) and says "Wine Diva" (how appropriate)! I wore it all night!
Here it is! Cutest apron ever, right?! And I had to have a glass of wine so I could be a "wine diva!"
Margo, Marj and me with our coordinating black, white, and/or pink aprons!

My FAVORITE picture of the night: Margo cooking from BEHIND the stove, with a glass of wine. Love that girl!


Aundrey cutting the turkey!


Me and Bronson! (He wanted to make it on the blog, so here he is looking all stylish while I look like Susie Homemaker!)
They asked me to do a toast, so not wanting to be unprepared, I "borrowed" a toast online that I felt appropriate for our feast:
(The first part) "Friendship is the wine of life; Let's drink of it, and to it."
(The second part) "Thornton Wilder is quoted saying, 'We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.' I am very alive and thankful for your friendships and love, for those are my true treasures." :)

1 comment:

  1. You are the cutest Susie Homemaker ever! Love you and can't WAIT to hear that you've landed!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete