Thursday, December 10, 2009

"It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year"

It is absolutely gorgeous here in the Big Apple this time of year! The lights, the colors, the atmosphere--it is amazing! I wish everyone could be up here with me so I could share with you all Christmas in New York! I have postd some pictures of the different Christmas activities I've gotten to do in these past couple of weeks! Here is our Christmas tree in the apartment! It's a fresh, live tree and it is perfect for our place!
Here are our stockings! The stockings in order from left to right are mine, Margo's, Aundrey's, Bronson's, and the bottom one is B.J.'s! (We have so many Christmas decorations throughout the apartment, but it was really too many pictures to post!)

This is a picture of the Rockerfeller Center Christmas tree from where I stood the night of the lighting of the tree. I got to this position at 4:45 p.m., stood in the rain and the cold from that point until the lighting of the tree at 9:00 p.m. The program didn't even start until 7:00 so it made for a LONG night, but it was exciting to say that I have now been to the official lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockerfeller Center!

Here is one of the MANY windows on display at Macy's on 34th St. The theme for these windows was actually from the movie "Miracle on 34th Street" and they were absolutely stunning displays!
I am probably most excited about this Christmas activity and I think everyone should experience it at least once in their life: The Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular!!! I've seen the show in Nashville, but the NYC show is out of this world!
Here is the chandelier in the lobby of Raido City Music Hall dangling with hundreds (maybe thousands) of Swarovski crystals. Breathtaking!
The theatre before the show--it was beautiful inside!
The lights at the beginning of the show!
My FAVORITE number--the Toy Soldiers!
This is a picture taken BACKSTAGE of Radio City Music Hall!!! Bronson worked with one of the Rockettes (Christine) this past summer, and she gave us an all-star tour around backstage and onstage! (I did a few kicks and pretended I was in the kick-line. I mean, I was on THE stage, I just HAD to do it!) ;)
Here is Christine (with Bronson) posing like she was been "blown over" like they do in the Toy Soldier scene! Isn't she beautiful! Now I know a Rockette!!!
Christine was so great and let us pose in HER Toy Soldier hat from the show (and the little red cheek stickers)! Here is my own authentic Rockette Toy Soldier pose!

It has been a beautiful and memorable time here in NYC this holiday season, and I keep thinking how blessed and thankful I am to be living my dream in this incredible city!

No comments:

Post a Comment