Monday, September 14, 2009

"New York State of Mind"

Ok, so I probably shouldn't have waited another week before I posted again, but a NYC girl gets kind of busy! I'll try to be brief!

So Emily (Alvey) was here until Friday and she stayed with me Wednesday and Thursday night. Like I said before, it was wonderful to have her here! I was feeling the pangs the homesickness, but she pulled me right out of it! On Thursday night, we went to this restaurant/tavern called Phebe's in Soho. It was a really neat place, and as soon as I walked in, I already knew who of my friends from home I would be bringing there when they come to visit. Emily and I caught the end of the Titans/Steelers game while we were there, and it was plain to see that we were the only Titans fan in the whole place. But we were okay with that, we cheered them on and didn't care who gave us questionable looks-hah! So the next day, 9/11, Emily and I woke up, and we could hear the memorial going on at Ground Zero from my apartment. Yes, I am that close! It was so quiet around my part of the city that day, but it was great to see the respect and reverence people had for each other. That afternoon, Emily flew home and it was sad to see her go, but hopefully she'll be back up here soon! After she left, my roomies and I started preparing for our first little get-together at the apartment we were having that night. It was a blast! It was really casual and I got to meet some more people who were super fun and I hope to hang out with again! The next day, we all slept in, and when I woke up, a HUGE breakfast feast was awaiting me. (Aundrey is a GREAT cook!) We had these incredible omelets and chocolate chip/cinnamon panckakes and bacon. Breakfast of champions for sure! And then on Sunday, (trying to this week short and sweet!) I got up and went to church ,which had music this week. (I guess they just have the organ and cantors from Sunday services.) I came home and Bronson invited me to go with him to Times Square Church, which is a non-denominational church in a theatre in Times Square. I thought it sounded interesting, so I tagged along. It was a great service, SOO much music, which of course I loved, and I actually knew a couple of the Praise and Worship songs! After the service, we killed some time and H&M and came in contact to a big time Broadway star, Adam Karl, who starred in Legally Blonde the Musical. He was super good-looking and we pretty much ran into each and he pretty much asked me to marry him. Except I'm pretty sure his wife, Orfeh, another big Broadway star (also in Legally Blonde), wouldn't like that too much...but that's besides the point. He was a celebrity in our eyes! After that, Bronson and I went and saw Shrek the Musical. It was ADORABLE!!! I love the movies, and the show was insanely cute! I got to see one of my favorite actresses, Sutton Foster, perform live and she was simply amazing! Bryan d'Arcy James and Christopher Seiber were also phenomenal to watch as well!
So I had another great week in the Big Apple, and I think week 3 looks pretty good, too!
P.S. Pictures coming VERY soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are adapting to the big city life. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete