Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Cause On The Eighth Day, God Made Sweet Tea"

After three weeks of being in NYC, I FINALLY made my first batch of sweet tea! And boy, does it taste GREAT! I don't know what took me so long, but it is made with lots of love and sugar, chilling in my fridge. Sweet tea is my absolute favorite drink in the whole wide world! I could live of sweet tea alone and be completely satisfied! The only place (well, I'm sure not the only place) that I've been to has sweet tea is McDonald's! And it tastes just like the sweet tea from McDonald's at home! Imagine that ;) But New York is a happier place because there is sweet tea in Apartment 7!!!

Speaking of three weeks, today officially marks the longest I have ever been away from home! How crazy is that?! One, I can't believe it's been three weeks already. Two, for me these three weeks have flown by! So I'm thinking, if these few weeks have gone by this fast, I'll be home from Thanksgiving within a blink of an eye!

And I just want to shout-out to my State Farm peeps in BG, because I received a very special call at work today. I answer the phone and I this girl asks me to read the entire menu to her. I thought it a bit odd, but I complied. A few juices in, she asks me if we serve a smoothie called a "Chocolate Elvis." That is my favorite smoothie from Planet Smoothie in BG, and I immediately knew it was Paige!!!!!!! She and one of her co-workers, Daniel, thought it would be funny to "prank" call me, and it totally made my day! I have no idea how they found the number, or managed to find the right Elixir, since there are I think 5 here in the city. But it absolutely put the biggest smile on my face--thanks guys!

This past weekend, Marj, one of our (the roomies) good friends from Louisville, temporarily moved in with us while she is doing a month of rotations at a hospital here in NYC. She and I went to the opening night preview of a new Off-Broadway show called "Love, Loss, and What I Wore" starring Rosie O'Donnell and Tyne Daly. It was done in the style of a reading and it was such a neat show! I love the different style of theatre you can see in New York! There really is something for everyone!!!

So book a flight, catch a show, and come stay with me! I'd be happy to put you up!!! Oh yeah, and I have sweet tea;)

2 comments:

  1. It's called Google-and dialing every single Elixir in New York City until you get it right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! love you too!!!! its gracie lu lu! hows nwe york

    ReplyDelete