I wasn't quite sure how my first birthday away from home would be. But let me tell you this: I have the greatest friends a girl could ever ask for. Although I was a bit homesick, the abundance of cards, packages, phone calls, texts, voice mails, emails, and Facebook messages made me feel so loved and truly blessed.

I received several cards-some made me laugh, some made me cry, some sang to me, and some had sweet little surprises in them!

My first delivery! Kayla sent me a dozen cupcakes from a bakery called Sweet Sugar Sunshine! SOOO good!

I had to try out the red velvet cupcake--very delicious!

My next delivery came from Paige! A tin-full of Mrs. Fields' cookies in probably every cookie type imaginable! (And can you tell that my best friends know me so well because they know the way to my heart is sweets!)

In my next delivery, I received this scarf I wanted from, try and guess...the Gap. It's from Mom, Dad, Anne Taylor, Grace and Madeline! Mom and Dad also are giving me a new t.v. for my birthday, but I have to go pick it out! Can't wait for that gift ;)

These beautiful flowers came from my roomie, Bronson! He also gave me these huge singing card--so fun and sweet!

These stunning roses are from my other roomie, Margo! She was with me most of the day and was willing to do anything I wanted to do for they day!

So Margo obliged me in going to get a pumpkin to carve! We both picked up great looking pumpkins, but realized a block down the street they were a beast to carry--so we took a 5 minute cab home, hah! This is my pumpkin, Bette (as in Midler)! She's pretty basic but she's a diva! Notice the beauty mark! It's not real, she just wanted it there for effect! Her lips aren't real either...they've been plumped beyond the extreme. Whatever! It's her face!

Had to get a picture with the diva! And by that I mean Bette said she just HAD to get a picture with the birthday girl! So I gave in and allowed ONE picture! ;)

So here it is, 11:35 p.m on October 29, the exact minute I was born 23 years ago. I can't believe I'm 23!!!
I really want to thank everyone for all your kind birthday wishes and just thinking of me today. Distance was no factor in how blessed and loved I felt. All my love to you all.
:)
I'm so glad you were treated extra special, and I love Bette! She looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a wonderful birthday!!! I'm so jealous of all the sweets. I've been pining after some cupcakes ever since I ordered yours haha! Bette is sexy. Are you sure she hasn't had a little work done around her eyes too? ;) Definitely glad I didn't go for the flowers now. Your roomies took care of you on that one and they're beautiful! Love you.
ReplyDeleteUm, happy way late brithday. I had to comment on the book holding up the iHome... Time traveler's Wife?!?!? Awesome. such a good read! This little stalker loves reading about your NYC adventures!! I keep your husband Chris updated, and we are so proud! :D
ReplyDelete