Saturday, April 24, 2010

"People Come, People Go"

First off, so sorry it's taken me over a month to put up a new post! Life is crazy busy right now and this is pretty much my first day of having time to do it!

This month has been FILLED with people coming and going. We've had three roommates move, one new roommate move in, another new roommate will be moving in sometime at the end of the month, and then Marj will be moving in next month (YAY)! So here is my little photo montage of the roomie who moved...Oh BJ--I'm gonna miss that crazy kid. He was always ready for a good time!
Aundrey actually left today and I miss him already like crazy! He'll be back in Bowling Green, so when I'm home in about a month, I get to see his lovely face!

And Katie...she moved because she will be performing as Cinderella at Jenny Wiley Theatre! So excited for her but I wish she could have lived here with me longer!
The new roommate's name is Mark. He is studying to be an investment banker and he's really nice. We got really lucky, especially since BJ found him on Craig's List. Rebecca will be our new roommate that moves in at the end of the month and she goes to school with Bronson. And like I said, Marj is moving in sometime next month! She will be doing her residency here in NYC and we are all so excited for her! I'm super pumped that she will be living here, period! :)
Another visit I had this month was from the Easter Bunny! It was really sad not being home for Easter. This is the first holiday I've missed with my family and going to Lebanon to see my Granddaddy and aunts, uncles, and cousins. But I was sent some goodies--I got some chocolate (and Easter staple!), cute little flip-flops, and iTunes gift card, The Blind Side dvd, and a little bag with my favorite quote on it ("Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars.")

But the BEST visit I had this month was from my FAMILY!!!!!!! They came in last for a few days last week and it was so amazing to finally see them after 4 1/2 months! That is WAY too long to go without seeing Mom, Dad, Anne Taylor, Grace, and Madeline! As crazy as that household is, I miss it when I'm up here! They came up for my NYC debut at Carnegie Hall!!!
Here I am with the announcement right outside of Carnegie Hall and as you can see, it was sold out! I had the time of my life performing at this concert and we sounded absolutely incredible. Judith Clurman, the director of the choir, said that our performance was the best musical experience she has had in 22 years. The conductor told us that our ensemble was in the top 3 choirs he's ever worked with, one of the three being the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. HUGE compliment! It was so great singing on stage and I can't wait until my next NYC performance (which hopefully will be soon)!
Here is a link that has photos of the evening's event. I'm in the front row just left of center!
http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Coverage_OHara_and_Szot_Star_in_NY_Pops_Best_of_Lerner_Loewe_20100417


Again, sorry this post has taken me so long, I'll be updating more frequently now that I've slowed down a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment